Barnette Marched Alongside Proud Boys On January 6

What confuses me is changelings, people who work with oppressors against their own kind / people.  Another word is collaborators.    The LGBTQ+ has the Log Cabin Republicans and Peter Thiel, the blacks have people like Candis Owens, Tim Scott, Burgess Owens to name a few.   Some claim they like the tax cuts, some are as racist against immigrants as the white Republicans, and some are grifters.  I never understood why poor people vote for the party that works against them to help the wealthy.   Hugs

Yahoo News reports:

Pennsylvania Republican Senate candidate Kathy Barnette marched with members of a right-wing extremist group prior to the violence at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, according to footage recently unearthed on social media.

The photos and video showing Barnette marching alongside the Proud Boys originally surfaced on Sunday via writer Chad Loder’s Twitter account. On Monday, the photos were verified by NBC News.

Barnette has been a prominent promoter of election conspiracy theories, including organizing buses to attend the “Stop the Steal” rally that preceded the violence at the Capitol.

Last night Barnette said this to Fox News:

Well, first of all, allow me to correct you. I was not with the Proud Boys. I was out there because I wanted to hear what the president had to say.

I was also out there because, I’m sure your listeners will understand, the first five rights in the First Amendment—freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom to petition your government with grievances and freedom to assemble, as well as freedom of the press.

And so, as a law-abiding American citizen, I had every right to go to a rally in support of my president.

unsavedheathen • 15 minutes ago

Just read an interview with 10 Republicans from Georgia, Pennsylvania and Ohio in the NYT. Unbelievably divorced from historical reality. Disheartening that these, our fellow citizens, most of whom were able to form complete sentences, want to give the “businessman” another shot.

We must show up in November. These people are nuts. And they’ll put Trump back in office if they have their way.

Card #ProChoice Boreal • 8 minutes ago

The bad part here is we can’t even get non-Republicans on the local ticket. I get to choose from politically-entrenched MAGA or new-to-politics MAGA.

Boreal Card #ProChoice • 6 minutes ago

For most offices here, the same, but the school board has sane people on it now but some running that want to ban books.

zhera • 25 minutes ago

I don’t know why she’s trying to distance herself from the Proud Boys. She agrees with them on most things, right? Apart from that tiny little detail about skin color, but that part is so small she¨s fine with ignoring it. So why the distancing?

Makoto zhera • 20 minutes ago

Probably the ‘optics’ of the court cases – especially the ones where PBs have been pleading guilty. She’s happy saying the quiet part out loud much of the time, but not being dragged into potential judicial proceedings.

Bob’s Your Uncle – BYU • 27 minutes ago

She looks so fucking nice and normal. If I was a low information voter who didn’t follow politics closely, as a Dem, I might vote for her just based on her appearance, but hopefully they are watching her TV ads with the sound on because she’s as crazy as a bedbug and as evil as Cruella deVille..

Hopefully folks are paying attention in PA. Hard to imagine they wouldn’t be..

Host of Twinkies Bob’s Your Uncle – BYU • 26 minutes ago

Perfect token for helping to sell the White Supremecist narrative.

TnCTampa Bob’s Your Uncle – BYU • 26 minutes ago

Have you met the American electorate. never has there been a more uniformed, stupid, low rent people electing themselves into oblivion

One thought on “Barnette Marched Alongside Proud Boys On January 6