MTG: Non-Biological Parents Are “Fake Mom And Dad”

“So let’s talk about children. Children are in the greatest danger in America today because traditional family values are being destroyed.

“The idea that mom and dad together – not fake mom and fake dad, but biological mom and biological dad – can raise their children together and do what’s right for their children.

“Raising them to be confident in who they are and in their identity. Their identity that they’re a child by God.” – Marjorie Taylor Greene, speaking to far-right troll Alex Stein.

Stein first appeared on JMG in March 2022 for a deranged “assassinate Putin” rap before a Texas city council.

This week he made headlines for sexually harassing AOC on the steps of the Capitol. Since then he’s been rewarded with appearances on many right wing shows and podcasts. Like Greene, Stein is a COVID denialist.

KaneHau • 7 hours ago

I’m adopted. They made it clear to me as soon as I was able to understand that I was adopted.

Not like it wasn’t obvious… I’m brown, they were very white.

They were not Fake in any way.

Phil in Colorado KaneHau • 7 hours ago

I had a well-meaning co-worker who knew that I was married to a guy and had just adopted a baby who was mixed race. She asked if we were going to tell him he was adopted. I just looked at her until the light bulb came on. 🙂

cheakamus KaneHau • 5 hours ago

And above all, they chose you!

Caitlyn Haiku KaneHau • 4 hours ago

Actual family is based on who you care about and who cares about you, not who you might be biologically related to.

Sarah • 7 hours ago

Wait, don’t these wackos insist that outlawing abortion is fine because women can just give up said babies for adoption?

kcken Sarah • 7 hours ago

This!!! It’s like they don’t even listen to their own damn arguments. Christ they piss me off!!

amy cuscuriae Sarah • 7 hours ago

But those children created in sin must bear that for the rest of their lives: bastards. /s

zhera Sarah • 6 hours ago

That’s what they say. What they really want is to punish both the mother and the child for the mother’s sinful act.

Mark Cross • 7 hours ago • edited

So…stepparents, foster parents, and adoptive parents are fakes.

And of course, that makes the Virgin Mary’s Joseph a fake dad too.

moisturize me • 5 hours ago

When I think of fake dads, I’m more inclined to think of a Herschel Walker kind of dad that plays no role in their child’s life.

thatotherjean • 7 hours ago

I’m sure there are parents–re-married widows and widowers, divorced and re-married, parents of adopted children, and a dozen other combinations of parents who are not biological–who would be happy to disagree with you, Marge. This is why you sound like such an idiot when you speak, dear.

One thought on “MTG: Non-Biological Parents Are “Fake Mom And Dad”